Some additional names for kalonji oil include:
- black caraway
- black seed oil
- black cumin
- black onion seed
kalonji oil has been shown to have antioxidant properties. These can help relieve inflammation inside the body and on the skin. Herbs and supplements are not monitored by the FDA. Research and use reputable brands.
Kalonji oil health benefits
- Reducing high blood pressure: Taking Kalonji oil for two months has been shown to reduce high blood pressure in people whose blood pressure is mildly elevated.
- Reducing high cholesterol : Taking Kalonji oil has been shown to reduce high cholesterol. It’s high in healthy fatty acids that can help you maintain healthier cholesterol levels. Examples of these fatty acids include linoleic acids and oleic acid. The levels of the oils can vary depending on where the black seeds are grown. People may also see results when consuming the crushed seeds.
- Improving rheumatoid arthritis symptoms: Taking oral Kalonji oil may help to reduce inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
- Decreasing asthma symptoms: The anti-inflammatory effects of Kalonji oil may extend to improving asthma symptoms. Its effect in reducing inflammation in the airways may also help with bronchitis symptoms.
- Reducing stomach upset: Kalonji oil is associated with relieving stomach pain and cramps. The oil can help to reduce gas, stomach bloating, and the incidence of ulcers as well.
Black seed oil beauty benefits
- Acne: According to the Journal of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery, applying a lotion prepared with 10 percent Kalonji oil significantly reduced the incidence of acne after two months. Those who participated in the study reported 67 percent satisfaction.
- Hydrating hair: Kalonji oil can be applied to human hair to soften it and promote shine.
- Psoriasis: Applying Kalonji oil has been shown to reduce the incidence of psoriasis plaques.
- Softening skin: Kalonji oil has been added to oils and moisturizers to improve skin moisture and hydration.
- Wound healing: Application of Kalonji oil has been shown to reduce inflammation and the presence of bacteria to aid in wound healing. While it doesn’t seem to be helpful in growing new collagen fibers, it does stimulate other growth factors to help the body create new, healthy skin.